I have browsed through a number of hacks on the internet on ‘How to increase productivity’. For the benefit of those reading this , I have collated a couple of them here. I have practiced these for over 6 months now, so I know that you can get ’actionably’ productive right away.
- Switch off those unnecessary notifications from your messaging and social media apps. This is applicable to your phones and computers. Checking our devices is now an equivalent to breathing in the real world..both of which may now seem like ‘shallow’ activities.
- Start an hour earlier than your official work timing. This may not only allow you to beat the traffic but this gives you a head-start and control over your day. For those of you having to travel in the mad hustle, to reach your workplace, reaching earlier will give you time to gather yourself and your thoughts.
- To-do lists are underestimated. Make a list of all your pending tasks. Identify 3 key things that you cannot end the day without getting done. Make sure you accomplish those for sure. I use the Eisenhower Matrix to prioritise tasks. You can try it.
- Self care is important too. Eat. Drink. Move. Breathe adequately, through the day.
- Keep a note book beside you and note down any ideas or tasks that keep cropping up as your day progresses. This will ensure that you don’t miss those important thoughts and can revisit them when your day is through.
Let me know if this works for you. #MondayMotivation